Into The Slums
We started off our day right. Picked up Jessica and went for coffee!! Jamie was beyond excited. We went to this place called Java. They serve American food and fantastic coffee (according to Jamie...that stuff does not touch my lips so I wouldn't know!).
After that, we went into the slums for the first time. We to church at Strong Tower. This church has been in the heart of the slums for about 4 years. The pastors have a heart to help the local Kenyans. The thing about the slums is that they don't have a choice about living there. It's all they can afford. There are not enough jobs for the Kenyans even though their work ethic is amazing. They work so hard for next to nothing. I will have to post some stats about the average income when I can. Jamie was in love with the children and the children loved her back. She didn't have enough hands for all the kids to hold! I think she would have loved to be an octopus. They call us "mazungu", which means " white person" or "whitey". It is pretty funny. They love getting their picture taken and they have the most amazing smiles.
The weather is amazing here, then again it is winter. Mid 70's all day then it drops to upper 60's at night. We always keep the windows open to let the breeze through. There are light showers in the evening followed by cloudless nights. That allows for the most amazing star gazing.
We brainstormed about the documentary and how it should look. I am very excited about the potential of what this video could be and what it could do. I just pray that I can capture everything that I need.
I was asked to preach next Sunday at Strong Tower Church. I am being lead to share about our identity in Christ. That it is not where we live, where we come from, what we wear or what people say we are. Who we are is what Christ says we are, a new creation with unlimited potential, No eye has seen no ear has heard, no mind has even conceived of the plans that God has for those who love him.
Miss everyone
Ryan Ropero
i get to kill I goat in a couple of days. i am so excited. In kenya, its a rite of passage.
Also Jessica made it! We picked her up this morning!
After that, we went into the slums for the first time. We to church at Strong Tower. This church has been in the heart of the slums for about 4 years. The pastors have a heart to help the local Kenyans. The thing about the slums is that they don't have a choice about living there. It's all they can afford. There are not enough jobs for the Kenyans even though their work ethic is amazing. They work so hard for next to nothing. I will have to post some stats about the average income when I can. Jamie was in love with the children and the children loved her back. She didn't have enough hands for all the kids to hold! I think she would have loved to be an octopus. They call us "mazungu", which means " white person" or "whitey". It is pretty funny. They love getting their picture taken and they have the most amazing smiles.
The weather is amazing here, then again it is winter. Mid 70's all day then it drops to upper 60's at night. We always keep the windows open to let the breeze through. There are light showers in the evening followed by cloudless nights. That allows for the most amazing star gazing.
We brainstormed about the documentary and how it should look. I am very excited about the potential of what this video could be and what it could do. I just pray that I can capture everything that I need.
I was asked to preach next Sunday at Strong Tower Church. I am being lead to share about our identity in Christ. That it is not where we live, where we come from, what we wear or what people say we are. Who we are is what Christ says we are, a new creation with unlimited potential, No eye has seen no ear has heard, no mind has even conceived of the plans that God has for those who love him.
Miss everyone
Ryan Ropero
i get to kill I goat in a couple of days. i am so excited. In kenya, its a rite of passage.
Also Jessica made it! We picked her up this morning!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home