A Few Hours In Amsterdam
We landed in Amsterdam at 5:30 in the morning after an overnight flight from Nairobi. Our next flight to Newark was not leaving until 1:30pm so we decided to take a little trip outside of the airport! We quickly exchanged some money, hopped on the train and 15 minutes later we were at Central Station. The temperature was quite chilly compared to Africa...everyone was walking around with jackets, scarves and boots...we were in flip flops and t-shirts! We walked around and then stopped to have breakfast in a cute cafe. I would definitely like to go back some day and experience the city more. It is such a beautiful place. The buildings are unique. My favorite thing is how everyone rides bikes everywhere!
Random side note * While we were taking a picture on a bridge a girl walked bye who looked very familiar to me. How odd right? After all we were so far away from the US! Ryan convinced me I was delusional from not sleeping in 24 hours so I did not say anything to avoid embarrassment! When we arrived home I emailed the girl I thought was the one on the bridge. It was Jillian after all (a girl I met in Orlando while in YWAM). Jillian is now working in Amsterdam with YWAM. It is a small world after all!
JamieLee
Random side note * While we were taking a picture on a bridge a girl walked bye who looked very familiar to me. How odd right? After all we were so far away from the US! Ryan convinced me I was delusional from not sleeping in 24 hours so I did not say anything to avoid embarrassment! When we arrived home I emailed the girl I thought was the one on the bridge. It was Jillian after all (a girl I met in Orlando while in YWAM). Jillian is now working in Amsterdam with YWAM. It is a small world after all!
JamieLee
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home